Wednesday 14 November 2018

Dusk of My Life


From where did it all begin?
And, when is it going to end?
What kind of mess am I in?
When would this fog descend?

There were days when this love 
felt so lovely...
But now I ask myself, "Why did 
things get ugly?"
With my love I know he was
always trifling...
His memories leave me with the
air so stifling...
Every part of me longs for nothing
but him...
Do I really deserve to live a life 
so grim?

In the flames of yearnings, my heart
is burning...
Within my nerves, the pain is churning...
I pass my nights with the streaming eyes...
All I can hear are my hopeless sighs...
It's so deadening that now nothing seems bright...
From years and years, I'm trying to feel alright...
I'm a captive of this darkness and gloom...
I'm waiting for the light to enter my room...

Amrit Versha

No comments:

Post a Comment

Society and Comparison

Even before the advent of social media, society has always managed to keep us pissed off. Don't most of our problems exist because we ca...