Sunday 12 April 2020

The Unsent Letter

Dear,
I remember the day when after years of darkness, I saw light. It was you. It was love. I remember how it made me feel. I felt crazy like a schoolgirl newly in love. I was jumpy and shaky like a child is before his exams. I couldn’t realise how you slowly became the centre of my universe and how, in the picture of my life, everything became blurry and all I could see was you. When I gradually came to know you as a person, I couldn’t believe that you were way more perfect than the kind of lover I always dreamt of. For the first time in so many years, I felt blessed, and with all my heart, I believed that nothing would ever shake our flawless relationship. But, sadly, I didn't know that my mind was so clouded by those bright, rosy clouds of love that I had completely forgotten what I always used to believe in: Nothing lasts forever.

After months of our cold fights and heated arguments, today, I suddenly found myself again in darkness, where there is no sign of light. And, I am left to think about those colourful days when you were the perfect guy and I was the luckiest girl. So, how did we go wrong? Was I too blindly in love with you that I could barely see the truth? Were you just darkness in disguise that I failed to recognise? Was our flawless relationship always flawed?

I think that love is evil. It plays tricks on us, wounds our hearts forever, and then laughs in the wickedest way, doesn't it?
Not yours,
Amrit Versha   




No comments:

Post a Comment

Society and Comparison

Even before the advent of social media, society has always managed to keep us pissed off. Don't most of our problems exist because we ca...