Sunday 5 April 2020

Nature Is the Biggest Fraud

Mother, you went through those distressing months just to see me in your lap.
From putting up with the meaningless cries of a baby to calming the crazy mood swings of an adult, you've loved me in a way that can never be matched.
And now, when I see you lying in bed with tired eyes, ashen face and feeble body, I get overwhelmed with fear and pain. 
Oh, how devastating it is to see my protector in such a vulnerable state!
Oh, how achingly ironical it is to find my caretaker in need of infinite care!
Looking at your withered skin, baggy muscles and  frail frame, I see that inevitable day approaching when age, which is not just a number, will take you away from me.
Mother, I bet nothing can be more cruel than nature. It brought us together as mother and daughter. It let me grow under the shade of your heavenly love. 
But one day, all of a sudden, this mighty nature will throw me on hostile roads, where all my attempts of finding you will go in vain. 
Mother, without you, no matter which direction I will take, it will lead me to chaos.
Without you, even breeze will feel like storm and no place will ever feel like home.

Amrit Versha

No comments:

Post a Comment

Society and Comparison

Even before the advent of social media, society has always managed to keep us pissed off. Don't most of our problems exist because we ca...