Saturday 6 May 2017

My Lost Smile



The day when you said, “Goodbye,”
my eyes looked like a cloudy sky.
A sky that fiercely burns and showers...
A sky that rains for hours and hours...

You, with a smile, bid me adieu.
But I kept waiting for you.
Pale I look like a dried leaf.
Bitter I've become because of grief.

Ups and downs, oh God, waver me on my ways.
Curves of my path appear like a scary maze.
For so long, I've kept shedding tears
 that I've settled down with my fears.
But, what I am doing is not apt.
At dealing with life, I have to be adept.

Even at nights, one can see moon shining,
just as every cloud has a silver lining.
For making things all right,
I have to get up and fight.
By the nectar of ecstasy, I will be drenched.
My thirst for smile will soon be quenched. 

   Amrit Versha

No comments:

Post a Comment

Society and Comparison

Even before the advent of social media, society has always managed to keep us pissed off. Don't most of our problems exist because we ca...