Friday 12 May 2017

To My Envious Critics



When you call me bad, 
I don't utter a word.
When you try to make me sad,
I don't utter a word.
I know you want me to suffer.
That's why, I don't say anything.
I nod and accept your offer.
 I do so because I know everything.

All your taunts I will bear.
I will remain silent.
I will never say anything, I swear.
I will never be violent.
You will keep pulling my leg.
But I will remain silent.
For sympathy, I won't beg.
And I will never be violent.

I know what you believe in is falsehood.
So, no expressions I will show.
The victory of truth is real; yet, you haven't understood.
That is all about you I know.
It is my failure that you have always wanted.
Still no expressions I will show.
It is you who will fail, and I will remain undaunted.
That is all about you I know.

I know you want me to quit.
Instead, I will win, and you will wipe your brow.
You will just dream, but I will achieve it.
You will fall, and forever, I will grow and grow.

      Amrit Versha

2 comments:

Society and Comparison

Even before the advent of social media, society has always managed to keep us pissed off. Don't most of our problems exist because we ca...